Triaging Mojaloop OSS bugs
Raising a bug / issue
If there is a bug or issue in general an issue is logged as a bug or feature request on the project repository and in some cases linked to an issue logged on the repository for that specific component.
There is a bug template that can be used and encourages use of details such as versions, expected results and other details, which help with triage and reproducing the issue.
Once a bug is logged
- Typically, the bug is initially triaged in the #ml-oss-bug-triage public channel on Mojaloop Slack
- For Security and other sensitive issues, the bug is triaged on a private channel with current contributors, before information is made public at an appropriate time.
- During bug triage, priority and severity are assigned to the bug after majority consensus usually
- Based on the priority and severity the bug is taken up by the Core team or other contributors based on a collaborative effort.
- Once it is taken up, conversation and updates happen on the slack channl, but mostly on the issue itself.
- The discussion regarding the issue is open to a public for normal bugs / issues
- However, to start with, the voting rights are given to current contributors and stakeholders.
- Based on the discussions, a final call on the priority and severity of the issue is made by the Program Manager.
- If you think you need a vote, please reach out to Kim or Sam.
- Here are the voting members  for triaging bugs to start with.
- Kim Walters
- Lewis Daly
- Miguel deBarros
- Sam Kummary
- Sri Miryala
- Warren Carew
- Vijay Guthi
- Valentin Genev
- Shashi Hirugade
- The list and the process will be updated as it evolves, this is a proposal to start with do a Pilot on.